There are many ways to improve website traffic. From fresh content, apps, new pages, videos, pictures, FAQs, how-tos, giveaways, testimonials and more. Each piece of content will help you stay relevant with consumers and search engines.
Blogging helps your website’s search result rankings. It also keeps your business looking vibrant and relevant for your customers and potential customers. Blogging is also a great way to stay in touch with former clients while reaching out to new ones. Yes, even having a guest-blogger can be beneficial to your website.
Blogging is also one of the most important aspects of content marketing when it comes to generating organic traffic. Below, we discuss how different aspects of blogging can benefit your online brand and how Dependable Website Management’s team of professional writers create SEO-focused blogs to help reach new web-page users.
What is content marketing?
Traditional marketing, i.e. print advertisements, knocking on doors, flyers, billboards and commercials, are becoming less popular and less effective by the day. Instead of making an annoying sales pitch, brands are turning to inbound marketing to engage and build relationships with readers. Brands are beginning to plan, strategize and create content that sparks interest and builds trust with reader, eventually turning them into consumers.
Although this idea, called content marketing, doesn’t necessarily promote a brand, it’s intended to stimulate interest. Social media posts, newsletters, case studies, videos, whitepapers, webinars, infographics and eBooks are just a few of the products that fall under the content marketing umbrella, but one of the most effective pieces of content marketing is a consistent and continuous stream of blog posts.
What is blogging?
Originally created from the words “web” and “log,” a blog is just that. A blog is the sharing of thoughts, ideas, experiences, opinions, news and much more.
Chances are you’ve seen or heard of a blog. They are different than text on a website because blogs allow for reader engagement. Blogging is considered a part of the social networking arena because it encourages readers to discuss and share the information. It also allows your brand to show off its expertise and credibility, which is just one of the many great reasons for adding a blog to your website. Here are some other reasons why blogs are important to have on your website.
Five benefits of blogging on your website
- Blogs increase SEO traffic: Every time you create new content for your site, i.e. a blog entry, Google and other search engines index your pages, thus recalculating your website ranking. The more content you create, link and update, the more likely are your chances of getting noticed. With increased traffic comes opportunity for more business. Adding a call-to-action on every blog post provides yet another opportunity to generate leads.
- Blogs allow users inside access: A blog allows your brand to express its voice in ways Facebook, Twitter and other social media mediums can’t. Humanizing your brand can go a long way to build relationships with clients and customers. Simply sharing an inspirational story from a long-time employee is a great way to share your voice and personality.
- Blogs support social marketing efforts: Blog posts provide content for social media and newsletters alike. A part of your social media campaign, blog posts help enhance and grow your consumer base by providing industry authority, keeping users coming back for more and sharing it via your social media channels.
- Blogs are versatile: Creating and sharing your brand’s expertise and credibility shouldn’t be limited to just text posts. According to Hubspot’s 2017 Marketing and Sales Research survey, marketers are making the leap into visual content at a higher rate than ever before. Personalized video content is quickly becoming a staple business’ marketing plan.
- Blogs increase engagement rate: Internet users in the United States spend three times more time on blogs than they do on email, according to Hubspot. The more time spent on your website, the more likely they are to find their way to product listings.
At Dependable Website Management, our website management plans with daily blogs includes a brand new website, any and all website upgrades or changes you would like, all plugin and software updates, full website security with hack support and general website tech support.
It also includes weekly industry specific blogs that will help your SEO, as well as provide a weekly update on your website for users to read, share and enjoy. All blogs at Dependable Website Management meet Googles standards for originality, length and, of course, content.
Last year, Dependable Website Management published an astonishing 25,000 web pages and blogs online for our clients. If you are interested in adding custom blogs or daily social media updates to your company’s web presence, then contact us today for a free custom quote for your brand or company.
Contact Us Today:
Phone: (954) 740-7900